If you’ve been looking for the perfect skin cream for dry, itchy eczema, then consider topical vitamin B12. Scientists believe that the nitric oxide-inhibiting properties of vitamin B12 are exceptionally helpful for painful swelling, inflammation, and skin lesions caused by dermatitis.
Topical vitamin B12 for adult and childhood eczema
Several published and oft-cited reports support the use of vitamin B12 creams for both adult and child sufferers of dermatitis (eczema.)
In a placebo-controlled study on topical vitamin B12 for dermatitis, researchers noticed dramatic results when vitamin B12 serum was used for eczema patients with painful skin lesions.
Here are the details of that study:
- Researchers studied 49 participants who have been suffering from severe eczema for at least two years.
- Vitamin B12 cream was applied to affected areas on one side of the body, while a placebo lotion was applied to red scaly skin patches on the opposite side.
- Participants were not able to differentiate between the placebo and the topical vitamin B12 cream.
- After eight weeks, scientists found that the majority of the group was extremely satisfied with the therapeutic results of the vitamin B12 cream for lesions caused by eczema.
- More than half expressed only moderate improvements where the placebo lotion was applied.
- Scientists concluded that for eczema, topical vitamin B12 cream is exceptionally beneficial, safe for all ages, and not likely to cause any side effects or allergic reactions.
- Researchers believe that vitamin B12 helps dermatitis by reducing nitric oxide (NO), and that vitamin B12 creams are effective NO synthase inhibitors.
In a separate vitamin B12 study conducted on infants, children and teens with eczema, scientists similarly noted significant positive results when vitamin B12 cream was topically applied to painful eczema lesions, compared to a placebo.
Maxasorb is safe, hypo-allergenic
Many eczema treatments can cause harmful side effects- certain lotions increase your risk for sunburn and skin cancer, while steroids used for chronic eczema can cause hormonal side effects such as infertility.
Maxasorb Vitamin B12 Cream helps by actively reducing nitric oxide, a common trigger for dermatitis. Maxasorb contains a highly absorbent form of vitamin B12- methylcobalamin– that penetrates deeply into the skin. Used topically, vitamin B12 cream restores your skin’s elasticity while preventing inflammation caused by nitric oxide, without any uncomfortable side effects.
Gentle, safe for all ages and easy to use, Maxasorb Vitamin B12 Cream is the best all-natural choice for relieving itchy, scaly, painfully swollen dry eczema.
Image by Stuart Miles